Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Piling
Our client is a leading and reputable UK piling and ground engineering solutions contractor operating on a nationwide basis. Their portfolio of services and professional, qualified staff will typically provide a total bespoke solution for a wide range of sectors such as building, infrastructure and rail.
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a demonstrable commercial expertise within the UK civil engineering, piling, ground engineering, geotechnical or foundations sectors.
Due to continued growth and expansion the company is now seeking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor, who will lead, assist and advise on commercial and contractual matters, and support the senior management team to successfully procure and deliver a wide range of technically complex and challenging projects.
- Lead, assist and advise upon all commercial activities and financial governance, working closely with the contracts, operations and senior management teams
- Continual review and challenge of existing commercial processes to identify and implement best practice
- To draw up contracts and sub-contracts or ensure contracts have been drawn up prior to commencement of work, and to review contracts drawn up by third parties
- To assist with pre-construction commercial activities, such as vetting and approval of terms, contract evaluations, and sub-contract procurement and selection
- Identify risk and opportunities associated with contracts, and manage as appropriate
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to contracts and operations teams
- Notification, preparation and agreement of any change, claims or extensions of time that may arise
- Attend client meetings, including project commencement and close out appointments
- Undertake commercial audits for each contract to ensure good practice and compliance with company procedures and client specifications
- Prepare monthly financial reports, identifying trends and areas for improvement
- Provide final account sign off and agreement of interim assessments, including early warning notifications, compensation events and extensions of time etc.
- Financial reconciliation and all contractual administration
- Attending and contributing to risk management, value engineering, cost / value, overall progress and update meetings
- Preparation of weekly, monthly cost / value reports, including KPI information, estimates of defined costs to complete, and any pain / gain position
- Preparing and agreeing of final accounts
- Preparation and administration of sub contract documents including sub contract set up
- Administration of accounts to final stages
A Quantity Surveying Degree is desirable, however HNC / HND level individuals with demonstrable Quantity Surveying experience will be equally acceptable
You will possess a thorough working knowledge of the civil engineering and construction industry as a whole, preferably with exposure to piling and ground engineering schemes
Knowledge and understanding of pre-construction and procurement processes
Knowledge of multiple differing construction techniques and the general sequence of events for a wide variety of contracts, schemes and project applications
The ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management best practice to various projects
A working understanding of plant, equipment and materials
A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer, along with career progression and security of work given the company has a clear and defined commitment to sustained growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality.