Job Title: Construction Sales Engineer
Salary/Rate: £40,000 - £45,000
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Sales
Our client is a market leading specialist business, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across all areas of the construction sector. Their service offering includes professional structural analysis and design services to their clients on a nationwide basis, covering total engineering design and project management. The company has developed a wide range of industry leading design and analysis software, using that advanced expertise to deliver highly competitive outsourced services, with the ability to deliver any size of project however large or small in concrete, steel, timber and composite to all areas of the construction markets.
This challenging and exciting opportunity, based from home, requires an individual with a technical background, good IT proficiency and proven experience in taking the sales lead to develop and ultimately secure opportunities for a recognised business within any area of the construction sector.
Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, ambitious and long-term growth across the UK, our client is now seeking to appoint a Sales Engineer, with the focus upon developing, maintaining, expanding and managing clients for the company.
The role will provide total sales, marketing and business development support to the Sales Director, and will lead the management and development of new and existing clients. This will be successfully achieved through effective engagement and servicing of associated clients, and a focus upon maintaining net margins, whilst liaising closely with the senior management team in providing regular business reporting in regard to all sales and business development matters.
- As Sales Engineer you will be responsible for the ongoing development and continued success with both existing and new clients within all areas of the construction arena, whilst helping to develop and secure new project and tender opportunities
- As Sales Engineer you will possess demonstrable achievement of supplying a product or service to any area of the construction sector
- You will have the ability to nurture profitable relationships with a wide cross section of clients, whilst also providing appropriate technical advice and guidance wherever possible
- You should be able to immediately contribute to the business, as you will be required to manage your own workload and develop and nurture clients effectively, including regularly progress reporting to the management in regards to any and all potential work opportunities
- You should be outgoing with excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills, and have the ability to form long term mutually beneficial and harmonious relationships with clients and customers of all levels
- You must possess a demonstrable track record of technical sales, business development and client support expertise gained from supplying / selling any service or product to any area of the construction sector, coupled with possessing a proven track record of success in developing and securing clients in this industry
- You will possess sound technical sales and client development or management experience in a similar role within the aforementioned areas
- It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence and are fully IT proficient
A very attractive basic salary, plus a lucrative bonus scheme, and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of career given the dedicated and ambitious growth plans and forward order workload for the UK.