Job Title: Foreman Drilling & Grouting Operative
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Ground Engineering
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across the geotechnical and ground engineering sectors. Their offering includes specialist jet grouting, compensation grouting, permeation grouting and drilling & grouting services provided to a wide variety of clients, sectors and markets UK wide.
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a technical background and demonstrable hands on experience in the drilling and/or grouting sector.
Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, ambitious and long-term growth across the UK, our client is now seeking to appoint a number of experienced (working) Foreman Drilling & Grouting Operatives to operate nationwide covering complex works in challenging and often inhospitable environments / conditions. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of site or project works specifically within any area of the drilling and/or grouting industry.
- Comply to all company and site specific HSEQ policies at all times
- Responsible for rigs, plant, resources, materials other site based operatives and sub-contractors
- Attend to and successfully carry out all assigned duties to deliver projects safely and timely
- Work with Project Managers and Site Engineers to ensure all works are delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high quality standards at all times
- Produce site records including, but not limited to; daily grouting logs, pre-start rig checks, risk assessments and progress and site reports
- demonstrable understanding of various project and site based grouting techniques, with the ability to use and operate complex drilling and grouting rigs and machinery
- Reading and understanding of site and project specifications and drawings
- A good understanding of adopting varied techniques pertaining to the ground and site conditions
- A full awareness of project specifications and other contract documents
- An ability to produce reports that are easily digested based on gathering large amounts of technical information from multiple sites
- Highly organised and effective, with the ability to plan and schedule your own workload with the minimum of supervision
An attractive basic salary (permanent) plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company’s market leading status in this sector, and their dedication to continued and ambitious growth.