Job Title: SHEQ Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Health & Safety
Our client is a renowned civil engineering and trenchless technology contractor. One of the leading specialists in the UK, offering in-house technical expertise in the areas of HDD (horizontal directional drilling) and guided auger boring installations utilising a variety of methods. Our client carries out a number of activities including; high voltage cable installation and jointing, tunnelling and trenchless installation techniques. In addition, they offer specialist cable burial for onshore and offshore windfarms and marine outfall / landfall construction and renovation.
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a proven SHEQ career within any area of civil engineering, infrastructure, specialist / heavy civils, utilities, rail or construction arena.
Due to a number of recent significant project awards and the ongoing commitment to sustained profitable growth, our client is now seeking to strengthen their team with the appointment of an experienced SHEQ Manager on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this position is to liaise with and support the contracts delivery teams to coordinate the safe management of project works and control site activities, ensuring SHEQ programme and budget requirements are met. You will lead and drive the works to progress, in accordance with the contract programme, to the best commercial advantage and without prejudice to the health and safety of employees, sub-contractors and the public, whilst taking into full account all SHEQ considerations.
- Actively support and communicate SHEQ matters across the business at all levels, both on and off site
- Determine contract compliance against the company’s SHEQ strategy
- Ensure delivery of SHEQ initiatives and communications
- Foster the development of SHEQ skills within the Contract / Operations teams, and the wider business
- Support the business to deliver all SHEQ responsibilities, and produce policy and procedural documentation
- Undertake inspections / audits of sites, projects and contracts, and identify areas for improvement
- Provide SHEQ advice and support to operational personnel with the business
- Delivery of SHEQ training courses, initiatives and events
- Communicate regularly with the Project Managers and Site Supervisors / Managers regarding issues identified, both with internal teams, external contractors / partners and clients
- Taking ownership of monthly and annual audits
- Assist with any incident or accident investigations, and provide root cause analysis reports as required
- Attend meetings as and when necessary to assist with project SHEQ management
- Participate in the creation and delivery of project SHEQ briefings and presentations
- NEBOSH or IOSH accredited / certified / qualified
- QA experience and instructional abilities
- Excellent working knowledge of use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to produce detailed SHEQ reports and presentations
- Working knowledge of the appropriate UK SHEQ legislation, regulations and standards
- Ability to analyse, take ownership and solve SHEQ / site-based problems
- Able to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility to travel
- The ability to demonstrate relevant civil engineering, infrastructure, specialist / heavy civils, utilities, rail or construction experience
A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity and security of work and forward career progression given the company’s market leading status in this field, and their dedication to progressive and ambitious growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.