Job Title: Piling Contracts Engineer
Salary/Rate: £30,000 - £40,000
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Piling
Our client is proud to be one of the UK’s leading piling and ground engineering contractors and has earned an enviable reputation for quality, innovation and customer service. The business is represented throughout the UK by a network of offices, each offering a full portfolio of project disciplines.
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires a professional Engineer with demonstrable engineering experience from within the piling, geotechnical or ground engineering sectors.
Reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, you will be responsible to operationally assist in the successful development of contracts, then the safe, profitable and timely delivery of a wide array of technically complex and challenging schemes. The position will be responsible for the delivery of a range of piling and ground engineering contracts so relevant engineering experience is required.
- To assist in the development and management of all projects and contracts with a hands-on approach to the day-to-day activities of the division
- To assist in the development and implementation of project plans for contracts, ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered with an emphasis upon service delivery; and to effectively manage all activities regarding operations, construction, staff, quality, health and safety and business planning
- Where necessary to act as a focal point for the client; steering and guiding contracts forward, including input into estimates and tenders, ensuring full client liaison and development
- Working with the management team to produce accurate progress and project reports in a timely fashion, whilst co-operating with the Commercial or Quantity Surveying department
- Assist in site and project review meetings with the staff in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery aspects
- Assist in further developing the supply chain and sub-contractor partnering process, where necessary, to improve upon existing terms if possible
- To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of site staff
- To attend regular meetings with staff to discuss progress as well as providing site reports and to liaise with Managers within the Group regarding operating policy
- Possessing a proven track record in a site, contracts or projects role from within the piling, foundations, geotechnical or ground engineering sectors
- To ideally have assisted in the development and delivery of projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach but also with a hands-on attitude to clients, sub-contractors and people management
- To have had first-hand exposure to various technically complex and challenging contracts and therefore able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a client focused environment
- To have experience of a variety of projects including multi discipline ground and foundations or geotechnical engineering techniques
- Must possess an excellent understanding of the project and delivery contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop yourself both technically and commercially
- Good level of experience at both pre and post contract stage
A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, along with security of work given the company’s commitment to growth and a forward order workload.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality.