Job Title: Technical Business Development Manager
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Ground Engineering
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across the structural support, stabilisation, land remediation, foundations, underpinning, ground improvement, stabilisation, geotechnical engineering and subsidence repair sectors. Their offering includes design, build, installation and non-disruptive services provided to all areas of the construction, residential housing, housebuilding and development markets.
Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, ambitious and long-term growth across the UK, our client is now seeking to appoint a Sales & Business Development Manager for their South East business operation, with the focus upon developing, maintaining and managing clients in this specific region. The role will provide total sales, marketing and business development support to the Commercial Director, and will lead the management and development of new and existing clients. This will be successfully achieved through effective engagement and servicing of associated clients, and a focus upon maintaining net margins, whilst liaising closely with the senior management team in providing regular business reporting in regard to all sales and business development matters.
- As Sales & Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the ongoing development and continued success with both existing and new clients within all areas of the construction and building arena, whilst helping to develop and secure new project and tender opportunities
- As Sales & Business Development Manager you will possess demonstrable achievement within the ground or geotechnical engineering sectors, including any aspect of piling, foundations, underpinning, groundworks, earthworks or land stabilisation etc
- You will have the ability to nurture profitable relationships with a wide cross section of clients, whilst also providing appropriate technical advice and guidance wherever possible
- You should be able to immediately contribute to the business, as you will be required to manage your own workload and develop and nurture clients effectively, including regularly progress reporting to the management in regards to any and all potential work opportunities
- You should be outgoing with excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills, and have the ability to form long term mutually beneficial and harmonious relationships with clients and customers of all levels
- You must possess a minimum education level of HNC in an industry related discipline, and be able to offer an advanced level of technical business development and client support expertise gained from working within any area of the ground or geotechnical engineering sectors, coupled with possessing a proven track record of success in developing and securing clients in the South East region
- You will have demonstrable and advanced technical client development and management experience in a similar role within the aforementioned areas
- It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence and are proficient in Microsoft Office packages
This challenging and exciting opportunity, based from home or any of the company’s network of offices closest to your home location, requires an individual with a technical background and proven experience in taking the sales lead to develop and ultimately secure opportunities for a recognised business within any of the aforementioned sectors. A very attractive basic salary, plus a highly lucrative bonus scheme, and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of career given the dedicated and ambitious growth plans and forward order workload for the UK.