Job Title: Electrical Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Energy
Our client is one of the UK’s leaders in the Power & Energy industry. They are a leading global supplier of intelligent energy transmission and distribution solutions dedicated to the electricity and gas sectors. Our client provides end-to-end electric solutions for networks metering, including specialist and proven design capability, manufacturing, and testing and commissioning in dedicated facilities. Additionally at their UKAS accredited laboratory they build high quality metering solutions for the precision measurement of energy in large capacity circuits. Their solutions are used by National Grid and major UK power stations amongst many others. In addition to their onshore credentials our client also meters the energy generated by offshore wind turbines, with all their work being independently verified.
Due to continued and sustained growth in the UK, our client is now looking to appoint an Electrical Project Manager to join their growing metering business. You will be responsible for the delivery of projects from sales / tendering handover through to completion, whilst taking accountability for the project delivery team including engineering, workshop and field based staff. The role will serve as the Clients single point of contact for all project related issues, and act as the interface with the internal procurement, engineering, finance, quality, HS&E and site / field functions.
- Project ownership from tender to end of warranty for the management of the design, engineering, manufacture and delivery of all assigned projects with a focus on metering
- Lead the engineering team to interpret client specifications to develop competitive solutions meeting client and legislative requirements, including site surveys and reviews to propose upgrade options if applicable
- Manage projects from order handover to completion, including planning and programming of works, and liaison with third party suppliers and contractors to successfully implement projects on time and within budget
- Act as the single point of contact for Clients to ensure timely resolution of queries
- Lead internal and external personnel in the design of metering system solutions
- Lead Client engagement to finalise and resolve technical design queries
- Create design specifications for third party approval and appraisal, including data sheets, calculations, specifications and risk registers
- Specify requirements for third party services and products, whilst managing their integration to the delivery, thus ensuring quality and compliance is maintained
- Assist and guide all stages of the construction phase to ensure both internal and external activities meet Client specifications
- Liaise with all parties to ensure smooth delivery, risk assessments, method statements and commissioning documents are produced, and ensure commissioning and installation modifications are reflected into as built documentation packs
- Provide the leadership and management of the team from conception through to end of warranty for any projects
- Perform site tasks as necessary, such as overseeing installation and commissioning as required
- Degree or HND qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge and experience of precision high accuracy metering and electrical measurements
- Electrical engineering technical background
- Knowledge of high voltage transmission and distribution networks
- Project and people / team management experience
- Sound communication and influencing skills
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires a self-starting, highly motivated and extremely confidential individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience of the successful management and delivery of all phases of projects within the Transmission and Distribution sector. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression given the company’s dedication to continual, ambitious growth and their market leading status within the industry.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.