Job Title: MIG Welder
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Engineering
Our client is proud to be one of the UK’s leading specialist heavy civil and ground engineering contractors, and has earned an enviable reputation for quality, innovation and customer service. The business is represented throughout the UK by a network of regional offices, each offering a full portfolio of project disciplines. This enables them to provide all their clients with the most efficient reliable and value-engineered solution, regardless of project size or location.
Our client has all appropriate UK, European and International industry standards to ensure safety, procurement and best working practices are adhered to. The dedicated staff are involved in a comprehensive ongoing training program designed to ensure they are equipped to meet the changing needs of this exciting industry.
Due to continued growth and a number of recent successful contract awards our client is now seeking to appoint a MIG Welder required to provide effective production support to the business to enable delivery of high-quality fabrication to the company’s clients. This role requires you to operate various machines to support production in a fast-paced environment in workstations that have required cycle times. Our client will offer you a stable and secure career with further qualifications, training and development also available if required. The position will also involve producing, keeping and maintaining reports, general records and other paperwork with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
The Role & Requirements
- Fabricate and weld CHS and light to heavy structures to fabrication drawings
- Inspection of fabricated items including weld and dimensional checks
- Responsible for maintaining standards for assigned areas of work for safety and housekeeping
- Producing parts to specification within cycle times, with the ability to follow daily check sheets to record work completed and control process flows
- Work as part of a professional team in achieving given objectives
- Conduct yourself in a way that reflects and promotes the company’s core values of safety, integrity, teamwork and excellence
- Understand and act in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (constant use of PPE etc)
- Responsible for maintaining standards for machines and assigned areas
- Previous experience of welding in a heavy fabrication factory / plant / workshop
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail and accuracy of quality work output
- Able to follow instructions and production schedules
- Able to act quickly and think clearly if a problem arises
A highly rewarding package is on offer to attract the best candidate, which will include a generous basic salary and an extensive additional benefits package.