Job Title: Geotechnical Contracts Engineer
Salary/Rate: £35,000 - £40,000
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Ground Engineering
Our client is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy, specialising in environmental claims management, ground verification and monitoring, remediation, incident response and contaminated land projects across the UK. They have an excellent reputation for the successful management of complex environmental incidents for commercial clients in the construction, energy, chemical, industrial and agricultural markets offering design and implantation of in situ remediation programmes on often challenging brownfield sites. They also offer a wide range of soil and groundwater remediation treatments, and additionally the design of sustainable environmental based solutions to the public sector, property developers, construction contractors, and to the chemical and petrochemical industry.
Our client’s environmental teams across the UK have a strategy to grow significantly over the next three to five years, and thus have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Engineer (Geotechnical & Geo-Environmental) to play a key role in realising this strategy. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience and technical expertise in any area of this sector. Initially, you will support the delivery of a wide variety of multiple project and site works as part of the company’s HS2 framework across London. In time, you will work on multiple schemes simultaneously within various sectors, the responsibilities will comprise of both operational and financial management of projects, leading and working within a multi-skilled team, conducting technical reviews, interpretative report writing, liaison and meetings with clients and regulatory authorities, and ensuring compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Supervision of remediation and environmental site investigations, soil sampling, and geotechnical and geo-environmental monitoring projects and sites
- Collect and organise data to produce a variety of reports for internal management teams and clients
- Safe, profitable and timely delivery and management of all assigned responsibilities on numerous sites and projects
- Input to proposal writing, and interpretative reporting and report writing
- Preparation of factual geo-environmental and interpretative contaminated land reports, including Desk Studies, Phase I&II Site Investigations and DQRA’s, as well as remediation strategies and verification reports
- Ensure professional relationships (internal and external) are developed and maintained to maximise the opportunity to successfully procure and profitably assist in the delivery of projects
- To work and dispense accountabilities proactively and effectively, helping to ensure that individual and team targets are achieved or exceeded
- To ensure that any arising issues are managed to the requirements of the company procedures and remain of prime importance
- You will have a relevant degree within engineering or environmental science
- You will possess extensive experience within the geotechnical, geo-environmental, remediation or waste management sectors
- Ability to manage and deliver projects on time and within budget with an understanding of financial management at a project level
- You will be expected to combine site work with office based technical works, and project management and support with staff mentoring
- Demonstrable site work competency including an appreciation of Health & Safety requirements
- Ability to promote alternative solutions through development and implementation of new concepts to the business
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation and to establish and maintain respect both professionally and personally
- Familiarity with the relevant technical industry requirements / regulations
- Excellent numerical skills including data interpretation, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and where applicable numerical modelling packages
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with technical and project management experience within the aforementioned sectors. An attractive salary and benefits package (permanent) is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work, given the forward order workload and the company’s continued commitment to growth across the industry.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.