Job Title: Specification Sales Manager
Salary/Rate: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Construction
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across the energy, infrastructure, water efficiency, ground source heat pumps and geo-thermal energy sectors, amongst many other service offerings. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central technical design and engineering resource, which allows them to deliver a full range of techniques bespoke to any client requirement, project or contract specification.
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual possessing demonstrable hands-on experience in technical sales and business development of products or services to the building, construction and M&E sectors.
Due to their dedication to continued profitable, ambitious and long-term growth across the UK, our client now wishes to appoint a Specification Sales Manager to take total responsibility for the development of new business opportunities and sales of the company’ products and services to new build, construction and M&E clients, including (but not limited to) specifiers, main and sub-contractors and consultants. The successful candidate will possess at least 2 years’ experience selling a technical product or service into these sectors.
The Role & Requirements
- Responsible for developing a pipeline of contract opportunities and converting this into an agreed revenue stream
- Capable of meeting challenging targets and withstanding a pressured sales environment
- Creating new business opportunities and generating new clients within the building, M&E and construction sectors
- Generating income through organic contracts and bid writing or tender management
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Communicating new product and services to prospective clients
- Detailed report writing, including utilising a CRM database
- Maintain records in line with company procedures ensuring compliance with GDPR
- You will possess technical product sales and business development management experience within the aforementioned sectors
- Ideally you will be knowledgeable of building regulations and BIM
- Bid writing experience and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is key
- Strong business sense with good budgeting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation abilities
- Manage and prioritise a demanding and varying workload
- Ability to interact sensitively with others
- Pro-active, self-motivated and knows when to seek guidance
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team to achieve common objectives
An attractive basic salary (permanent), bonus and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and career progression given the company’s market leading status, and their dedication to continued and ambitious growth.