Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist
Salary/Rate: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Ground Engineering
Our client is one of the leading independent geotechnical and ground engineering specialists in the UK. They have regional offices throughout the UK, as well as a large UKAS accredited laboratory, that enable them to deliver and take on projects nationwide and deliver high quality geotechnical, geo-environmental and ground engineering investigations and services.
They operate within a variety of sectors that include high-rise buildings, brownfield and waterside developments, bridges, railways, highways, pipelines, offshore energy and multi-utilities. Projects vary in size and complexity, from small ground investigations to multi-million-pound developments for clients including private developers, house builders, architects, consultant engineers, government, local authorities, main contractors and utilities operators.
This challenging and exciting opportunity, based in the northern regional office, requires an ambitious Engineer from the field of geotechnical and ground engineering who is looking to develop their career within one of the leading independent contractors in the UK.
The business has a strategy to grow significantly over the next three to five years and due to the busy workload and multiple recent contract awards, we are now looking for multiple Geotechnical Engineers & Engineering Geologists for projects across the Yorkshire and North East region.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Engineering Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer and have demonstrable experience on a range of geotechnical, SI, GI, ground engineering projects. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of a wide range of projects across the region as well gaining training and development in the areas of pre-contract tendering and commercial management.
Provide operational and site assistance for all assigned projects and contracts that includes (but is not limited to); ground and site investigations, ground stabilisation, slope stability, retaining structures, remedial works, ground and soil improvement
The position will cover all aspects of planning, fieldwork supervision, soil and rock logging, factual report writing and programming of site and ground investigation projects
Analyse project specifications to accurately plan site activities to ensure safe, profitable and timely delivery of works, including the appropriate use of required labour, plant, materials and resources
Provide technical advice and assistance to operational teams
Assist in the preparation of engineering reports and technical contracts and documentation
Provide technical support and attend work winning interviews with clients
Ensuring that you play an active role in keeping the team appropriately motivated to deliver high quality work for the business
- You will be a degree qualified Engineer, preferably within Engineering Geology or Geotechnics
- The successful candidate must possess excellent organisational and communication skills, and would be expected to develop their project management skills
- Confident and knowledgeable about various site investigation techniques
- Completion of health and safety training schemes such as CSCS, SMSTS, and CDM 2007 Regulations preferred
- Excellent awareness of ground investigation specifications, procedures, techniques,
British Standards, Eurocode 7 and codes of practice, ICE and NCE contracts and the effective administration of them
- Awareness of data presentation using borehole logging software packages and report compilation
- Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office to create spreadsheets and other documents for effective reporting, communication and record keeping
- You will possess a good understanding in other areas of the general geotechnical and ground engineering field to enable you to offer truly holistic solutions
A highly attractive salary and benefits package (Permanent) is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity and security of career, given the forward order workload and the company’s continued commitment to growth across the industry.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality.